Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Riding on the metro...

Today I had a few hours of free time so I took the bus down to hollywood. Despite being alone most of the time the trip was rather fun but the bus ride was the most.....intresting (to talk about anyways.) After I got on the bus and sat down some guy came up to me and asked how tall I was. I havent seen most people on the blog in a long time so I dont know how tall or short you are, but if you're about 6 feet and up you problably get asked this question alot to the point where it drives you crazy to hear those 4 cursed words. So anyways despite my annoyance I told him I was 6'5 hoping he'd go away satisfied but turns out this guy was on a mission, a mission to get me to play football. I've tried the football thing a couple years ago and because of that I dont like football. So when the guy asked me if I played football I told him no and that I dont like it but as I said earlier he was on a misson. The guy responded "Well why the hell not son?" that kind of surprised me because people usually just say Well you shoul or something of that ilk. So after that he went on to lecture me. I tried to ignore him but he just wouldn't leave me alone but luckily god threw me a heavenly bone when an even bigger guy came on the bus. The guy completley forgot about me and ran up to the front of the bus and began doing the exact same thing to the other guy. Other than that the bus ride there was pretty normal.

When I got to hollywood I went to hollywood toys and costumes to buy a model kit. I got a A-10 thunderbolt II which is a powerfull air force jet designed to kill anything that moves on the ground. once I got outside I intended to leave having got what I came for but I saw 2 of my freinds Julio and Nester and ended up hanging out with them. We went to Ripley's belive it or not meuseum. We did'nt go in but theyhave plenty of things in the lobby that you can look at. The most obvious is a life size wax model of the worlds fattest boy. Possibly the coolest thing they had was 'The brain'. The Brain is a machine like those old fortune telling macines where you'd put a dollar in and they would tell you something. Its the same thing except theres a freaky looking scientist inside that insults you and you're questions. After we ate I caught the bus home.

The bus was full so I sat on one of the seats that face each other. So after a few minuites someone got aboard the bus and sat right across from and began just staring. Suddenly he began to giggle but I didn't think anything of it until I noticed he was still staring at me still . He started rocking back and forth and laughing louder and the whole time he never took his eye off me. I tried ignoring him but I just couldn't so I moved to the back of the bus and after I sat down and was facing forward, the guy was bent over still staring, still rocking back and forth, and still laughing. He finally got off after about 15 minuites of staring and laughing. Another typical LA crazy came on later, it was a short fat black girl this time. She seemed normal so I didnt pay any attention to her until she started talking loudly. When I looked over I saw her arguing with an invisible man outside the window to her left. She was arguing with him (or her) when I got off the bus and problably until seh was wherever she was destined to go.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

That is just too funny. I've met my share of wierdos on the bus, but never any ones who talked to the window. I do remember one who was talking to the empty seat next to him, and one time at a bus stop in LA I got cursed and told I was going to hell because I wouldn't give this transient a cigarette.

Sun Sep 25, 03:45:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Wow - I need to hang out with you next time I come to L.A. "Interesting" is an understatement.

Of course, being L.A. the two apparent mental cases could have been actors rehearsing their parts for an upcoming TV movie-of-the-week. Whaddaya think?

Sun Sep 25, 06:24:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, they could have been rehearsing but I'll bet they are just whackos. I still miss the place sometimes, but hell if I know why.

Sun Sep 25, 01:15:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Adrian, I just wanted to come back to this post and thank you for getting that darn Berlin song stuck in my head for TWO DAYS now!

"I remember searching for the perfect words
I was hoping you might change your mind
I remember a soldier sleeping next to me
RIDING ON THE METRO-O-O"


Hope it's now stuck in yours, too, if that wasn't the reason you picked your post title in the first place!

Mon Sep 26, 06:25:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Thanks Sis, now two days later it's still stuck in MY head!!!

Wed Sep 28, 03:29:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

I'll have to check out that version. I like SOAD.

Hey, Lisa: "RIDING ON THE METRO-O-O!!!!!!..."

Thu Sep 29, 09:03:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home