Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Holy Crap Revisited

I was thinking of Amanda and her summer encounter with the manure truck on my drive home. I got stuck a couple of car lengths behind a semi filled with some kind of putrid manure that was so sickening it couldn't have been cow plop. Rolling up the windows and blasting the air had almost no effect on the smell. It was bumper to bumper traffic so I couldn't get out of it's way or off the freaking interstate to get away from it. Just one more thing to remind me that I am not in Torrance anymore.
Daniel got his report card Monday. He is doing well academically but behaviorally is another matter. He did good all week, but He got busted again for repeatedly burping loudly in class today. Our parent-teacher conference is this Monday. I don't know what to tell his teacher. I've been trying and will keep trying to quiet him down for years but it hasn't worked yet. I think that is why God gave him big brown eyes and dimples, so I won't strangle him when the notes start coming home.
Lea Anna has learned in the past couple of weeks to foil the refrigerator safety lock. I gave up and removed it. She keeps doing thinks like taking one bite out of each baby carrot and leaving the remainder in various places around the house. She also likes sitting on the bottom shelf and rifling through the pickles and ketchup hanging inside the door. It's really cute and extremely annoying at the same time. Lea Anna never was one to skip a meal.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

You're right, he's not that bad. But He's not that good either.You haven't heard Daniel's burps lately have you? It's not like he accidentally belched once or twice and said "excuse me". He burps LOUD, (as bad as Jazzmin - I'll bet she's proud of him)like a big 'ol beer belly man, and on purpose. He makes other annoying sounds in class and at home too. It's annoying, but at home I can tolerate it - it's just part of being a Mom. At school it's a whole different matter. At least he's not whistling the Andy Griffith theme in class anymore.

Fri Oct 07, 03:41:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

You probably thought I was joking about my Tourette Syndrome comment a while back, but I really wasn't. All or almost all of the boys in our family and probably some of the girls have some neurological disorder or another. That's what Tourette is. There are a lot of misconceptions about it, mainly that it is a psychological disorder (it's not) that makes people involuntarily use profanity (only something like 1 - 5% of people who have TS have this). Go to TSA's Web site if you want more info on Tourette Syndrome.

Anyway, my point in bringing this up is not to give the kid a "label." Just something you might want to check into. If Daniel does in fact have it or ADHD or whatever then he would be eligible for classroom modifications - I forget what they call them. That's what we did for David and it helped tremendously. I also met with all his teachers at the beginning of the year, usually about a week after school started, to give them information on TS and discuss what they needed to ignore and where they needed to cut him some slack. Having the thingie that makes them have to modify his environment/lessons forces them to cooperate, though the teachers and administrators I met with appreciated my involvement and info, and my encouragement to call or e-mail the second they had trouble.

Anyway, I'm glad every one of your kids has been really smart, creative and curious. It seems to cause you a lot of trouble in the beginning (sorry!) but it's funny as hell to hear what goes on with them. Well, that is except for Adrian's playground tantrums. And he's right - you do something right with your kids so Daniel will grow up to be wonderful, even if he is the Burp King. He comes by it honestly, though - you remember sitting around the table at Grandma & Grandpa's and hearing Grandpa's loooooooooooooonnnnnnng, LOUD belches???

Fri Oct 07, 05:12:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

I remember, Grandpa was the burp king! Daniel and Jazzmin are just following in his footsteps. What can I say, it's never a dull moment around here. I wasn't sure if you were serious or not, but it did get me thinking. I am also going to have a meeting with the school counselor and the school district's psychologist in the near future (they wanted to schedule one for Tuesday, but they only gave me three days notice and my boss is out of town). I plan on taking thier findings to his pediatrician and getting a referral. He may have tourettes, ADHD, or just might be a naughty little boy. I'm not going to lable him either, but I figure better to at least check into it than sit on my butt and do nothing. David has tourettes? I thought he was autistic.

Fri Oct 07, 04:45:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Autistic??? LMAO! He's going to kill you when he sees that comment...ha ha ha ha ha : O

Sat Oct 08, 05:19:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

Seriously, I thought that was what you told me!!!! David can't kill me, I'm family. Besides, he'd have to come all the way up here to do it and we have an excellent security system - Hot Wheels! No one who does not intimately know the lat of the land can get from one end of the house to the other with out breaking a limb. I bet they don't train them for that in basic!

Sat Oct 08, 05:35:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Lisa said...

excuse me - the "lay" of the land.

Sat Oct 08, 05:36:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

It wouldn't be a literal kill. It would be more like when Mom used to yell, "I'm gonna murdle you!!!"

Sat Oct 08, 05:40:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home