Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

No more biscuits and gravy

Gary went to the doctor yesterday and his blood pressure and triglycerides were sky high so I'm trying not to freak out over that. At least his EKG came back normal, but they are going to do a stress test on him next week. They have him on medication now which makes him feel like crud, but it's better than him kicking the bucket. We're both going to have to quit smoking no ifs ands or butts about it. That's the hardest thing, but I personally like living. I'm also trying to learn how to cook healthy but so far most of what I turned out is only marginally edible. Gary must madly deeply love me because he didn't run away screaming after the pitiful breakfast I attempted to make him this morning. It's only been a couple of days though, and at this point my cooking skills can only improve. I just wish that bacon, gravy and real butter didn't taste so good.

I've been on vacation this week and have been mostly cleaning and organizing the house. I've also been able to do a little bit of loafing so the entire week has not been wasted. I took Daniel to my work Monday for breakfast. He's been wanting to go to my work for ever but I haven't had the opportunity or excuse since He's started school so I had to make up one. We had a lot of fun and he got to see my cubicle and admire the view from the fifth floor. For once he didn't run around like a maniac and he even used all his utensils when he ate. The cafeteria manager likes him, probably because Daniel gave him a million complements on the breakfast but he was cute.
Lea Anna and I went to lunch yesterday and went browsed through Toys R Us. She announced to our waiter with an angelic smile on her face "I Farted!" All I could say was "Don't mind her, She has a six year old brother". She tried real hard to con me into a dolly at the toy store. I kept telling her no, and she'd say "can we get one tomorrow?" ... "No" ... "can we get one Tuesday?"... "No"... can we get one Thursday?" AGGGH!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yeah, I'm trying but it's not going so well. I have managed to cut down some. The mental part is the hardest thing to get over. I've been shoving so many carrot sticks in my mouth all morning I'll probably turn orange. I may try hypnosis.
I agree with you, Lea Anna is sharp and is also a class A con artist, but the only days of the week she knows aso far are Tuesday and Thursday. She almost got her new Dolly inspite of the fact that she has about a million of them at home when she flashed those blue eyes and said "Mommy pleeeease".

Thu Sep 29, 05:30:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Have you tried Nicorette gum? I hear it works great, though it's not so easy to light. (ha ha ha!)

But seriously - it sucks that Gary's in crappy health, but if it's motivating y'all to make some changes it'll be good once you get over the initial rough spots. You'll feel a lot better.

Good for you with the carrot sticks. That's got to be tough. Hang in there - both of you : )

Fri Sep 30, 11:23:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home