Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, October 23, 2005

What's Up With Lisa

It has been non-eventful around here, which is always a good thing. I took the kids down to Centennial Park yesterday morning to participate with me in the Walk for Juvenile Diabetes Research. Besides a few other organizations feeding us, they also had two moon jumps, a giant twister game, and a few other activities to keep the kids entertained. Inspite of the cold weather we had a lot of fun. A dog licked Daniel's bagel and made him cry. What made matters worse is that I stuck the bagel in Daniel's back pack and totally forgot the origins of it when I got hungry and munched on it on the way home, until Daniel reminded me - after I finished eating it of course. I know we've all heard that dogs mouths are cleaner than humans, but I don't stick my nose in other animals butts and I am still a little grossed out from it.
Lea Anna is watching Shrek for the only the second time today. She is worse than Daniel was with the Monster Trucks DVD. Needing a break from it, Gary rented Shrek II earlier in the week. About five minutes into the movie she said "That's not Shrek!". She did enjoy the rest of the movie quietly, but as soon as it was done she wanted to watch Shrek (1) again. She is still constantly raiding the refrigerator, but I noticed that she'll take bites of just about anything in there so I been leaving raw veggies in plain view. She ate about a third of a crook neck squash which she won't even touch if I cook it and put it on her dinner plate, so it is not totally a bad thing.
Daniel is doing a little better with his behavior in school. He only got one yellow light this week. His class uses the green, yellow and red light system. If the kid gets a red light they are in major trouble. I took him to one of his classmates birthday party yesterday. He was bored at first because for the first half hour he was the only boy, but he ended up having a lot of fun. They had the usual party games, but my favorites was the marshmallow eating contest - you know the one where they hang a marshmallow on a string from the ceiling and the kids race to be the first one to eat theirs. It was hilarious watching it! I wish I would have brought my camera.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Yes, there are things worse than Shrek. Teletubbies are the worst thing that comes to mind. I like Shrek, but you can only take watching the same movie over and over for so long no matter how good it is. Unless of course, your preschool age. She does like Barney, and the Teletubbies even more. I leave the room if either of those are on.

Tue Oct 25, 03:44:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home