Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, December 19, 2005

A Little Bit Christmas

I am enjoying having lots of Christmas lights up. There are huge white-light snowflakes that slowly glow brighter, then fade. There's a line of tiny red lights that outlines the roofline, and multicolor lights trimming every architectural feature. Then there are the tiny white lights on the bushes that are blinking crazily off and on. Gosh my neighbors must have worked hard to put all that up.

I have my little four-foot-tall pre-lit tree, with shiny little red and gold glass ornaments and several sparkly sequined decorations handmade by Janet. It sits in the corner of the dining room, and next to it I wrapped tiny white lights all along the railing. It took me all of about an hour and a half. That's Christmas enough for me. If I want more all I have to do is open the dining room blinds and my tiny little tree will be set against the backdrop of multicolored lights that cover the house across the street.

I should thank them. I should go over there and help them when it's time to take them down and put them away. It sure will be a lot of work. Oh, but wait...these are the same neighbors who sat out on their front porch in rocking chairs, sipping on sweet tea or whatever, as we moved into the house in 95-degree weather and 100% humidity in July. Box after box - and not only did they not take pity on us, they didn't even come over to say hello or welcome to the neighborhood or "Would you like some tea?" or even "HEY, is it HOT ENOUGH for ya?" Yeah, I think I'll pass on that one. My next-door neighbor, a sweet man with a bad back, came over and introduced himself, AND carried numerous boxes despite his back. He doesn't have a lot of lights to take down. Maybe I'll make them a cake instead : )

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

I'm glad you have at least one good neighbor. That man deserves some chocolate. The heck with everyone else.

Tue Dec 20, 03:31:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Well, there's at least one other nice family. KiKi ran away to their house one morning after I let her out without realizing (or checking) that the gate had been blown open during the night by extremely heavy winds. She wanted to play with their Dalmatian.

The lady called KiKi, and KiKi came right to her. She put her in the basement until she could figure out where KiKi came from. A short while later she saw a stressed-out looking me with a bad case of bed head, driving around the neighborhood with a worried expression and craning my head in every direction, looking for a sign of the runaway greyhound. A happy ending, thanks to her. She deserves cake, too : )

Tue Dec 20, 04:57:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Teresa said...

Sara and KiKi will be happy to be your surrogate dogs while you visit. They love being petted and having people throw toys for them to pounce on.

Tue Dec 20, 10:04:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Jonna said...

this is Marisela.We just got a christmas tree.I picked it out.It is pretty.Well I think that it is pretty.I love you guys.Merry Christmas!

Wed Dec 21, 06:18:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home