Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sick Baby

Lea Anna caught a nasty stomach virus over the weekend. After spending half of Tuesday night in the ER, a trip to the doctors office yesterday, and 11+ hours in the ER again last night into this morning she has finally stopped tossing her cookies and is tearing up her popsicle (pink, of course). The poor little thing was dehydrated and had to get an IV on top of all the usual poking and probing so she was not a happy camper. She also tried a few times in the ER to con Da Da into taking her home and cooking her a "big" egg and toast. This was one time the daddy pleases didn't work. The ER nurse was really nice. After lending Daniel some video games and getting conned out of a roll of medical tape & a few other goodies he made a friend for life. Daniel said he was really cool and wanted him to come home and live with us. I nixed that idea, but at least he latched onto someone who has a job. I can't figure out why he holds a roll of medical tape so near and dear to his heart, but he was frantic this morning when he could not find it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

I hope she is doing better. The same thing happened to Chela when she was a baby, only we were in Mexico. So,when I heard your story all I could think of was "Thank God she is in the U.S.!" Anyway tell her Auntie loves her and is thinking about her : )

Thu Mar 09, 05:56:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Holy moly! Glad she's feeling better but have you caught up on your sleep yet?

Thu Mar 09, 06:36:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

She's doing a lot better. She still is barely eating and not drinking a whole lot either, but most of what we give her is staying down. We're waiting on a prescription for some anti-nausea stuff that the area pharmacies are out of until tomorrow, so that will help even more. The Phenergrin (sp?) that the first doctor gave us didn't help with the dehydration issue because it knocked her out. While she may not have been spewing, you sure can't administer liquids when the little thing is sleeping.

I had a nice long nap this afternoon and got caught up on my sleep. Now that I have to wake up early for work tomorrow, I'm wide awake when I shouldn't be. I'm going to have to lie down and force myself to sleep or I'll look worse than Keith Richards in the morning. Maybe I'll read the community newspaper. That's usually dull enough to knock me out. Ta Ta!

Thu Mar 09, 09:08:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home