Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Fun at Hood

Things have been slow at work lately... still recovering from our month-long field problem. This equates to down-time for my battle-buddies and I. I've been taking advantage of it, though: I've made several trips to finance (hopefully my last), cleaned my weapon a couple or three times, and even got some time off to take Liubinka to the doctor. We think she was having some acid-reflux problems, but won't know for sure until she goes to her follow-up appointment. The guys up at finance said my company's headquarters was jacking off instead of processing my paperwork to get my extra money for rent and food. They're gonna start it at the end of the month and throw in three-months-worth of back-pay. My weapon can't get any cleaner... I cleaned it several times in the field but never fired it. For some reason our first sergeant inspected the arms room and put my name on the list of personnel with dirty weapons. That old man is a fag. He still hates me for getting that DWI back in January. Word on the street is they finally got my paperwork in order to process my Article 15, so I should be standing in front of the colonel within a week or two. First sergeant really fucked me on this one... he waited until three months before deployment, when everyone is taking leave. What a great time to knock-out my extra duty. By the time I'm done with it, I won't be able to take leave because we'll be getting ready to get on a plane. The rest of the family is doing much better than me. Leya and Jordan have been sleeping-in while Julian is at summer school and Liubinka's been taking them to the pool in the afternoons if she isn't busy with something else. I've been getting off of work after 5:00 lately, so by the time I get home I just want to eat dinner and go to bed. We went to the pool for a few hours today, though, and everybody had a good time. I finally finished setting-up our home-theater system in the living room (after three months) so we all watched "Hoodwinked." I had promised to go see "Cars" tomorrow, but we'll see if anyone remembers... I've got a bunch of work to do around the house. Take care everybody.

-Dave

5 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

If I can find a way to get out there before you leave when would be the best time? You already said I could stay with you guys - I'm pretty sure I've got witnesses!

Sorry about the timing on the DWI punishment, but I can't say I'm surprised. I think it's more inefficiency than vendetta, personally. Regardless, I know it hurts.

Sun Jun 11, 04:18:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Yep, I just love the red tape and inefficiency of our government. It obviously carried over into our armed forces. I haven't seen Cars yet, but any kids who have seen it have raved about it. They'll love it. Daniel is dying to go see it too. I just need to find time to go with just him. I know better than to take a three year old into the movie theater.

Sun Jun 11, 07:30:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Wouldn't Lea Anna like it, too?

Sun Jun 11, 09:52:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have learned a long time ago that taking preschoolers into movie theaters is rarely a good thing. She can see it on video.

Mon Jun 12, 12:47:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Jonna said...

Yes, the joy of taking a toddler to see a movie. Halfway through they have to got to the Bathroom!Chela still does this!

Mon Jun 12, 01:14:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home