Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Odiferous House



I found more pictures of Lea Anna haming it up. These were taken about a week ago. Nothing exciting is going on here. Until today it has been to hot to do much other than hole up inside under the air conditioning when I am not at work. I tried to fry a ribeye for dinner but as soon as it hit the hot skillet it stank up my house so bad that 3 hours later it still reeks. Lysol Room and Air Disinfectant didn't help either. Now it just smells like roses and rotten meat. It makes Daniel's shoes smell pretty in comparison. The moral of the story is, never buy meat on sale at Kroger no matter what they claim the expiration date is. Blech!
Lea Anna has developed a deep and unexplained phobia of the garbage truck. I keep hoping it will pass but it is going on four weeks now. She will not go out on the back porch or even to the car. No matter that the truck only comes twice a week and in the morning only, but there is no reasoning with her. I did manage to drag her out to the car a few times but I literally had to pry her fingers off the door way while trying to block out her blood curdling screams.
I finally gave up and picked my sole Anahiem chili. After babying it all summer I only got one chili out of it. It may be a bit on the scraggly side but I am still going to enjoy it. Guacamole time!It is so much harder to grow stuff in the south. At Mom & Dad's house practically all you had to do is stick it in the dirt and water it. Besides the clay soil to deal with, I've had bunnies eating my tulips and grasshopper(s?) lay waste to my calla lily, and other sorts of interesting twists and turns. I'll still keep plugging away - just on a small scale until I get a house. Every now and then something I plant actually thrives.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

You can put human hair clippings to keep bunnies away from your garden. I heard it works very well, we used to have people ask for hair when I did hair.

Tue Jul 25, 08:29:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home