Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, November 20, 2006

Holiday Festivities in ATL

Since we weren't able to convince any of you out-of-towners to join us for a Thanksgiving feast here, we're hoping to make up for the lack of family togetherness (not to mention good grub) in a couple of ways. Here's the deal:

We'll have Christmas Day dinner at my place. Everyone's invited, though I am expecting only in-town family and friends. So if you Tenneseeans and Californians are pondering a Christmas Day appearance in the ATL please let me know and we will set up accommodations.

On December 31st, I'll host (or should that be hostess?) the Second Annual New Year's Eve Extravaganza. I'd like to enlist the help of family members living in states where good fireworks are legal (Suzanne, Lisa) to make this a bit more of an extravaganza than last year, although cheering on our pitiful fireworks display was pretty funny. Everyone's invited. Suzanne has already said that she, Charles and Caitlin are coming. I hope the rest of you will join us - just let me know so we can figure out who's sleeping where.

Then, on New Year's Day, there will be Holiday Feast #2. I'm envisioning something like a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal. In addition, I am proposing a "Chinese Gift Exchange" INSTEAD OF bringing individual gifts for everyone. It will be a lot more fun and a lot less hassle than trying to gift shop for our huge clan, but that will be negated if you go out and buy individual gifts on top of it - so DON'T! You can read the general rules here - they differ just slightly from what we'd do. All you need to think about now if you, your significant other, or your kids want to participate is for each of you to buy or make a gift for about $15. It can be something fun, practical, beautiful or silly. You will have no idea who will end up with your gift, but the gist of it is that everyone will get a turn to either unwrap a gift or "steal" one they want from someone else who's already opened it. It's a lot of fun!

Lastly, in order to keep track of who's coming, who's staying where and who's bringing what, I will probably send out e-mail invitations from my calendar and I would like to ask that you respond to those so that I can better plan these gatherings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

some of us don't have the luxury of being able to do what we want for the holidays. i think everybody should do the american thing this year: get drunk at every opportunity. if everyone is drunk, nobody is having a bad time. cheers

Mon Nov 20, 11:12:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Okay Dave, since your a drinker can you explain to me the male fascination with tying one on and peeing in odd places? I've known drunk males who have peed in a fire place in a crowded room, in their boots, thier room mate's hamper. The list just goes on. Oh what the heck it's your liver.

Mon Nov 20, 05:10:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

has nothing to do with being drunk... we like peeing everywhere sober, too. i'd rather piss on my truck tires than walk 15 feet to the porta-jon. i remember growing up at grandma's house we'd always piss in the creek, behind bushes, on trees, and my all-time favorite: on ant hills. it's so fun to watch them bastards suffer. fuckin hooah

Mon Nov 20, 09:34:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Perhaps the reason David enjoys torturing ants stems from an incident in which, as a young lad, he decided to dig up an ant hill with a spoon. This ill-fated decision precipitated an attack by the residents of said ant hill, sending David running into the house screaming for help as the ants swarmed over his body and under his clothes. I was forced to strip him bare in the kitchen, in front of Grandma and all, and beat the ants off of him. I suppose a hatred of ants would be an understandable outcome of the situation.

Tue Nov 21, 02:33:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Har! Har! David got OWNED by ants...

I think the Holiday festivities sound NIFTY and would very much like to help imrove the outcome of our fireworks display (if that's what you could call what we had last year).

Tue Nov 21, 02:00:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Suzanne said...

We did that at a Church thing but put in new gifts under $5. It was alot of fun. I will bring fireworks we have places that sell all year.

Tue Nov 28, 03:14:00 AM 2006  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

WoW! How nice to finally hear from you Suzy! I am looking forward to seeing everyone during the holidays. Maybe someone can show me how to use my digital camera so I can get better pictures on my next cruise. Speaking of cruises, I'm hoping to convince someone to go with me in October. It is not as expensive as you might think. I enjoyed my solo cruise, but it costs more to go alone and it was kind of lonely.

Sat Dec 02, 07:34:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home