Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Landlords are Evil

I am so mad I have to rant. Our front door frame is warped and has been sticking so badly since we have moved in that I have trouble getting in. I've spoken to the rental office about it four or five times, and they've sent their idiot maintenance over as many times and it's still broke. I told them the last two times that they need to send someone else because this maintenance guy does not know what he's doing. Well, this last time he pounded the door in and installed weather stripping and screwed it up so bad that I can not shut it all the way and it will pop open at random times. Gary even has trouble forcing it closed. Supposedly they were going to have someone fix it this Friday. Well, It's Saturday and the freaking door is still broke! Time for me to start looking for a good contractor because I am going to fix it at THEIR expense. I am absolutely livid.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Sorry your landlord sucks : (

Be careful how much you spend to fix it because you may not be able to get it back from the landlord without a battle. Still, this is a safety and security issue, in addition to being a pain in the butt, and worth a certain amount of time and money to correct as long as you have to stay there.

I hope it won't be too long before you'll have your own house and then instead of ranting about your landlord not fixing things you'll be able to pin it all on Gary ; )

Sat Nov 18, 10:42:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I know it will be a battle getting anything from these tightwad skin flints. It may possibly eeven involve going to court. I'd like to avoid that - particularly because they check rental history if you buy or rent a house, but this has been going on 7 months and I am fed up. They were bad about things before, but now they have either sold or are selling the place so they are worse.

Sat Nov 18, 02:49:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home