Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Monday, May 12, 2008

There Goes the Neighborhood....

Daniel has been saving his dough for sometime, all the while spending much time drooling over everything with a motor and two wheels on the web. After spotting an old Honda 50 on Craigs List Sunday morning and a phone call to a nice man in Mt Juliet (Daniel was so incredibly cute explaining to the guy about how long he'd been saving his allowance and he got some extra money for his birthday and would you please sell it to me for X amount of dollars, etc?) he not only got a well running bike for way under the original asking price, the man threw in a helmet for free too. Yes it is quite beat up, but after all beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And to a nine year old boy, it is truly quite beautiful.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Oh, no! PLEASE get him elbow and knee pads - maybe even full body armor - to go with the helmet.

What excellent powers of persuasion that boy has. Better watch out, though. I think he just learned everything he needs to know about about buying a car : O

Tue May 13, 07:05:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

"I think he just learned everything he needs to know about about buying a car : O"

LOLz A2 Aunt Teresa!


Although I can't believe the little butthead got a motorcycle, I'm just glad I don't have to sneak one on the airplance for him anymore. (Looooong story...)

Tue May 13, 09:39:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm tempted to go with the full kevlar body armor. The little miser has been saving up almost a year. I tried to ride it yesterday, but while it will support my weight my big old feet kept getting in the way and I stalled it twice :(

Tue May 13, 03:28:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

It is really admirable that Daniel saved his own money for that long for something important to him. Yes, I fear for his little daredevil butt, but I am proud of him. If I had a quarter in my pocket at his age I was looking for something to spend it on.

Tue May 13, 05:57:00 PM 2008  
Blogger Lisa said...

Sis, in your defense back in the day you could buy a snickers bar and a bunch of bazooka gum for a quarter. What poor little sugar deprived kid could pass that up?

Sat May 17, 03:18:00 AM 2008  
Blogger Teresa said...

None of us, that's for sure. The quest for candy was an all-consuming one.

Sat May 17, 05:32:00 AM 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home