Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, June 28, 2009

They Don't Always Exaggerate

Knowing Lea Anna's preoccupation with bobcats (which replaced her fear of panthers) and the other times she came running to me saying "Mommy I saw a baby snake" ended up being either a centipede or a humongous earthworm I didn't get all that excited when she again came running up to me this afternoon with tales of another baby snake hiding out under the landscape material in our front yard. So I ambled over and slowly peeled back the plastic only to find a baby copperhead in a strike pose peering at me with those evil little eyes. I freaked out and hacked it with a shovel into the next century. Obviously I didn't get bitten or I'd be at the ER right now getting pumped full of anti venom but the other side affect is that I have instantly developed a big dose of snake paranoia. Yikes!