Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Little Four Eyes

After Daniel arguing with me for a week that he sees just fine after failing two eye tests at school, I took him to an optometrist Thursday. Of course being a typical young boy he tried to cheat on the exam by spreading his fingers just a bit on the covered eye and straining way forward to read the eye charts. It obviously didn't work. He is wearing glasses now (almost by force) and he looks so cute in them. Thanks goodness eyeware has come a long way since we were kids. Back in the day what little choice you had was between ugly and uglier.

I took the kids to yesterday to visit Manskers Station, a reproduction of a fort from the 1800s. It's pretty close to the original settlement. Only the location varies slightly from the original, and it has less of the individual cabins of the original. It was so cool just seeing how they lived back then. The re-enactors were in historical costumes, and the cabins were accurately furnished in the period. The kids were fascinated by the blacksmith (okay, I was too. I admit it), and of all things a tiny little spring in the fort where they get their water from. I didn't get to chat with the re-enactors much. Daniel did all the talking for me. Even with all the neat stuff to look at, I think the highlight of Lea Anna's day was all the rocks and sticks to pick up.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonna said...

Guess What? Chela is getting glasses next week also. (They told me she was Far-sighted.)

Sun Mar 19, 01:45:00 PM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I think kids in glasses are very cute, like the kid from Jerry Maguire (sp?). You have to post a picture of Daniel when he gets them, I bet he's a cutie patootie.

Wed Mar 22, 07:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'll post a picture as soon I get my film developed. I still got half the roll to go through - but no problem with these hams!

Thu Mar 23, 04:13:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home