Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, August 25, 2006

And It's only August

Daniel got busted today for flooding the bathroom. He said he wanted to see how high the water would go, "but I didn't think it would go that high". This is going to be a long, long school year. His teacher thinks he is very smart and they are going to test him to see if he needs to be in more advanced classes. I'm sure he is pretty smart. A dumb kid wouldn't dream up half of the adventures he gets himself into. I still do not dare to leave screw drivers around. There's no telling what will end up dismantled.
We had a contest at our work where we had to decorate this school supply filled laundry basket to some movie theme. We picked 'Mater from Cars. I liked ours best (of course I'm totally biased), but we didn't win. Wait 'till next year! We had several contests this week as part of our United Way drive. A group of us also did some hard labor yesterday(well, hard compared to sitting on our butts for eight hours) painting the YW Womens Shelter and Nashville Cares (an agency that helps AIDS and HIV positive people). It's always good to help others, but even if you take the charity factor away it still was a lot of fun and it helped break up the week. I'm going to sign up again next year. I love this job!
Well, I got turned down for our home loan. The problem was that I had no credit history. This is nothing new to me, as I have a fair understanding of how the loan industry works but back in April I was led to believe that they were aware of this and everything was all hunky dory. So anyway, I need to open up a charge account somewhere, buy stuff I may or may not need, then pay it off faithfully for a few months so I can have something on my credit report. I'll still get my house, I just need to wait a few more months than planned.
Aside from having an Imelda Marcos like shoe fetish, Lea Anna's pillow collection has the potential to reach epic porportions. It started out with a simple Care Bear quilt and from there I was conned into a couple of Care Bear Pillows, two heart pillows and now she is trying to talk me into sewing her princess pillows. Oh yea, and more Care Bear pillows, of course.

5 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Daniel, Daniel, Daniel...I see a career in hydroengineering in your future, boy.

Yeah, Lisa - I suspect Daniel's a little smarter than his classmates. Hopefully that can be channeled into something constructive. And dry.

I am sorry the loan didn't go through for you the first time. I admire your persistent attitude and am proud of what you've accomplished since arriving in the Southeast. You deserve - and will have - your home, I have no doubt.

Soon you'll be able to turn that green thumb loose or paint your kitchen a funky color just because you want to. Yeah, baby!

Sun Aug 27, 05:32:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have it all planned out. A nice blue(or maybe just the trim) and the top coat will be teflon coated. Just try scribbling on these wall little missy! And a gas stove. Never mind the higher energy costs - you just can not properly warm a tortilla or blister chilies on electric burners.

Sun Aug 27, 06:22:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

NICE!!!!!

Not even ADRIAN flooded a BATHROOM!!!

GO, DANIEL, GO!!!!!

Mon Aug 28, 09:00:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Gee, thanks for your support Scarewcrow -- I think. Just wait until you have kids young lady! Bwahahaha!

Tue Aug 29, 04:37:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I am actually looking forward to having kids one day... They will be interesting children (or, he/she... I don't think I want more than one...)

So just wait 'til YOU have to admit that they're YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!!!

BWUAH HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Wed Aug 30, 12:36:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home