Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Dead Will Walk...

...IN JOB CORPS!!! We had boring-ass meeting this morning... The administrators didn't lecture us about anything new, either. I find it utterly fascinating how Job Corps staff can find different ways to say the SAME SHIT over and over and drag it out for THIRTY MINUTES. I wonder if that's a job requirment...

I think the only think that didn't suck about it was Mr. Rice (the CSO aka Head Honcho) because his analogies are interesting... I still wouldn't want to sit through another 30-min. speech though...

The guy sitting next to me is eating taco bell... It smells! He's always EATING something...and it always smells funny!

Last time I checked, you weren't supposed to EAT OR DRINK around computers because it's hazardous and messy... Not to mention the smell of Taco Bell beans and meet seems to seep everywhere... Argh!

On the bright side, I am not sick anymore! I was horrible on Monday... I went to the Health Office at AFOC and tried to tell them I was sick and needed to go to the Job Corpse nurse, but all they did is make me fill out crappy papers! (Not to mention, they kept giving me ones in SPANISH.) I tried to tell them that I didn't medicine or whatever... I just need to rest, but they still didn't listen... The damn nurse chic kept asking me about being sexually active and offered to give me contraceptives 'n' what-not... She almost had me pee in a damn cup!!!

She FINALLY took my temperature and told me I had a fever. (DUH!) I asked her is she coul call Job Corps to see if they'd let me go to THEIR health office, but she gave me a card for the free clinic across the street (even though I told her I didn't need it) and she sent me back to class.

So I decided, "F*** HER! I'l call Job Corps myself." It ended up doing me no good at all. All they told me was to KEEP taking TYLENOL (PFT! JOB CORPS can CHOKE on MY TYLENOL!) and fluids and come in during walk-in hours! I tried to tell them that Fluids and tylenol don't work ('cause that's what I did ALL of yesturday), but the nurse just kept asking me questions and throwing me off...

Now my thraot's just a little dry, but that will heal by tomorrow morning... I'm just glad that I'll be all better in time to see My Ruin... If I had to, Id have gone sick... I'd have given everybody in the pit a cold. HA! HA!

My buddy, Vershaun, was nice enough to braid the front of my hair last night, so it doesn't look like utter crap anymore! (Yeah... I finally had to take down the black and white braids.) She even combed it out and put it into a ponytail and poofed it out... It's really big. The best part is that the only thing I had to give her in return was the freedom to play with my hair...

I think it's funny that so many people like to do that... My dad always told me that becuase of the type of hair I have, people are always going to want to do it. He was right, but I still don't get it... Oh, well. It's only temporary.

This Saturday I will be getting my hair re-braided. My colors of choice, this time, are BLUE, NEON GREEN, and BLACK. I can't wait!!!
--------------------
STUFF I DID IN CLASS
--------------------







4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Sorry you are ill, Jazzy D. But glad you're getting better. If it's any consolation, David says that in the Army they treat everything with Vitamin I (as in "Ibuprofen").

That magazine cover is pretty darn cool. Try making the "Fiend Radio" title bigger/bolder somehow so it'll stand up to all the other loud stuff you've got going on. The title should grab your eye first.

Re: Braids - get the blue! Especially if it's a really bright blue! Black isn't crazy enough and neon green is just bug color : P

Wed Aug 09, 01:52:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I agree about the title... I'm gonna shorten it so I can make it bigger... It's on;y my first draft, so I got time.

Braids: GREEN is a COOL color! I'm only getting the black so the colors will contrast.

Wed Aug 09, 03:23:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I am glad you are on the mend. Maybe they are preparing you for corporate life with the redundant meetings?
Yeah, the title does need to be bigger but other than that, these are awesome. I love the 2nd pic. No, I am NOT getting into the goth stuff, I just like it.
Ah yes, the wonderful AFOC and Corps nurses. Back in the day if birth control pills, Tylenol or penicillan (sp?) couldn't cure what ailed you you were more or less screwed. Which I suppose would be where the penicillan and BC pills came in.

P.S. - Blue! Go with the BLUE!

Wed Aug 09, 06:29:00 PM 2006  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

I found the magazine title hard to read, so bigger might be good. I loved the composition though!

Sun Aug 13, 02:39:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home