Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

More Art 'n' CRUD




Ok... I fixed the first one and made a title image that I was happy with.



I did two other magazine covers because I enjoyed dooing the first one so much... Each one came out better than the last, but I still can't help but feel that they're missing something... Oh, well... I'll get better...







My next project will be a a business card... I'm also going to do some WORD ART 'cause it looks really cool.

LOOK AT MY HAIR! IT'S SO COOL!!!





3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

They are awesome, and I love your hair!

Wed Aug 16, 03:49:00 PM 2006  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

You have talent, Jazzy! Keep it up. It is so fulfilling to do the work you love. And I love your hair too!

Sat Aug 19, 05:51:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Jazzy, I agree - the covers just keep getting better. You got the designer genes (ha ha), that's for sure.

I don't think they're "missing" anything, but I'm still getting hung up on the title. The changes you made really do make it stand out a lot better.

What about making it so none of the pictures are directly behind it...just bump 'em down a little or rearrange them so they don't compete with the title.

Then, so the title area doesn't seem empty, maybe play around with some different fonts that are more wide and less tall. Then you could take out some of that tracking you've got in there to spread out the title.

I like the green title in the second one because it really pops, but I like the layout of the third cover more. Maybe try another color for the title on that third one - one that is a little louder but still jives with that cover.

What do you think? It's easy for me to look at designers' work and give feedback (I do this at work). I know good design when I see it but my talent does not lie in creating it!

Sat Aug 26, 06:31:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home