Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Saturday, September 10, 2005

More Exiting Stuff from Lisa's Crew

It has been a non eventful week around here. Daniel has a cough and has been hacking his little lungs out this past week. It sounds like a strangulated seal bark. Gary took him to the doctor yesterday and He is not as sick as He sounds, thank goodness. It's just typical upper respiratory gunk.

We haven't lost any employees in the Katrina aftermath, but several of our employees and our dealer employees have lost their homes. Our work has been doing a lot of things for hurricane relief. We are matching employee contributions to the Salvation Army and the Red Cross. We are also donating 60 power modules that are each capable of powering 200 - 300 homes, and some other heavy equipment. It was cool seeing a Cat machine helping repair one of the levees in New Orleans, after seeing our tractors a while back on CNN plowing down West Bank settlements. I'm just bummed that I still haven't got a chance to operate one yet.

The skunks are taking over here. There is still a skunk prancing around the neighborhood like Pepe Le Pew. I drove past three dead ones this morning. Pee yew! After living here for years and not seeing a single one, suddenly they are everywhere splattered across the roads. There is no major construction close to home so I don't know where they are all coming from, but this spring must have been one hell of a breeding season.

Lea Anna just got dressed up and she is handing me my shoes telling me to put them on. Her dress is on bass ackward but everything matches. A definite 10 on the cuteness scale. I know what's coming next though. Last night she tried to convince me last night to take her to Kroger to get chocolate milk and doughnuts. I told her we'd go tomorrow. Well, my day of reckoning is here. Time to whip out that check card. Ta Ta!

2 Comments:

Blogger AuntieJanet said...

I once saw 2 skunks playing in the grass outside a K Mart shopping center in Michigan. It was night time and they were rolling and tumbling down a small hill!

Sat Sep 17, 08:48:00 AM 2005  
Blogger AuntieJanet said...

oh, and Lonnie says they come out when it rains.

Sat Sep 17, 08:50:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home