Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Friday, September 02, 2005

Verification Now Required to Post a Comment

When I checked the blog this a.m. I found four comments posted by spammers trying to get people to go to their Web site and/or to boost their Google rankings by putting links to their site from ours. So I changed the settings and now everyone will have to be logged in, and complete word verification, to comment. Initially I set it so that you just had to be a Blogger user to comment. But five minutes after I made that change yet another stupid spammer – this one a registered user – left us more comment spam. Sigh...

Sorry if this is a hassle for anyone - I just don't want to give bad people the opportunity to a) clutter up our blog and b) profit from their evil ways! You've probably seen word verification before - it's where there are some letters in a box and you have to type the same letters so that the system knows you're a human and not some evil spammer's spam-bot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

THANK YOU! It pissed me off this morning seeing all the spam posts.

Fri Sep 02, 02:54:00 PM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home