Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Once Upon a CD Player... A TRUE tale of DRAMA!

Unce upon a time I had a really nice portable CD-player, but, alas, it did not have anti-shock... Though grateful was I, to have a CD player in the first place...this saddened me. I coulde scarce let out a sneeze for fear it would cause the disc to skip, interrupting my musical bliss. Due to lack of funds, I feared I'd be stuck with the shiny abomination 'til...um...for a very long time.
Then one fateful day, my dear friend, Emerald, and I were comparing CD players... She was envious of mine (though there was no anti-shock) because it was shiny and new. I was envious of hers because (despite the fact that was old, you have to hold it a certain way for it to work, and the back button didn't work properly) it had anti-shock. After battling with the pros and cons of both our CD players, at last we came to a conclusion; WE WOULD TRADE CD PLAYERS!

Finally my dark days were brightened by the wonderous anti-shock protection provided by Emerald's old CD player. The best part about the exchange was the strength of the CD player; it's ability to withstand its many...uh...all the times I dropped it on the ground...made it almost immortal. Even when its...uh..."pavement collison" before school one day had left it injured and permanently damaged it would still continued to play music (as long as I didn't remove the...uh..."binding" holding it closed of course).

Though it seemed the day would never come, a new CD player was presented to me in the form of a gift from my father. It was a beautiful, shining black...and had anti-shock! I was ever so happy!!! Though it was hard, I said my good-byes to Emerald's old CD player and packed it away. I now had many...uh...years?...no...months to look forward to with my shiny, new, anti-shock-equipped CD player...

BUT IT WAS NOT SO!!! (Due to another trade with Emerald and its...uh..."complication") I was sent crawling back to the old CD player! (My shiny, new, anti-shock-equipped, black one was now fated to remain in Emerald's clutches for all eternity.) I feared that my many weeks of abandonment would render it...uh....what's a good word?....wait!... I feared that my many weeks of abandonment would leave it's soul broken and dejected... To my utter happiness, it wasn't so. Nothing had changed... We were re-united.

Over our many happy months together, the CD player's age begin to catch up to it... At times I'd have to hit the "Play" button 2...3 times for it to play a disc. There were even times when it would randomly (say...in the middle of Track 9) start the disc over, even though I had not programmed it to "Repeat All." Though I tried to deny it, I sensed our time together was drawing to an end.

Finally... One black day in December (12/27/05)...it stopped working all together. For six long days I went mad with anxiety and frustration... How would I ever replace my treasured CD player?! A CD player that had withstood months...YEARS (even though Emerald had been the one to own it most of its life) of falling on the ground and being jostled around in various bags!!! I was ill-prepared for the cruel hand fate had dealt me...
Whatever would I do....................

Alas, I was granted mercy. My mother was to take my brother and I out for some nice family time. While dining on brownies and Frappucinos at a local Starucks, I expressed my dire need of a new CD player to my mother. I was able to convince her to stop by Wal-mart on our way home so that I could look at their selection of affordable CD players. (I only had 20 bucks on me, so...) Though it was a long, difficult, and emotional process I was able to find a worthy replacement among Wal Mart's many selections.
Though it will take a lot of time and emotional investment, I know I will come to care for and appreciate this new CD player as I did the old one...especially since it has anti-shock (and can close by itself!).

To make a LOOOONG story short: I owned Emerald's old CD player for a long time and had no intention of getting a new one because I'm cheap and didn't see the need for a new one as long as it worked (even though I had to keep it closed with a scrunchie and hold it up-side down for it to work sometimes). Finally, it stopped working and I stopped being cheap, because I didn't want to have to wait 'til I got back to California to get a new one. (Besides, my mp3 player only holds about 15 songs and who wants to be stuck on a 4 HOUR FLIGHT with FIFTEEN songs?........NOT ME!)

Yay, new CD player!!!

...R.I.P old CD player...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, yeah... My flight today was aweful. It was crowded and I ended up having to sit between some chic and some dude. So, when I wanted to sleep I had to hunch over the little fold-out desk. I later woke up with a migraine and REALLY bad neck ache...Gr!!!

Therefor, to make me happy you should ALL adopt a fetus. I did and look how happy I am! (wOOt!!!) I adopted a cute lil' poison fetusfrom Fetusmart! Hooray fetus!

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Yep, the word "drama" is definitely appropriate here!

I share your happiness at your once again tune-filled existence, as well as sympathize with you over the cruel punishment of middle seats. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to show my support by also adopting a fetus. I don't do too well with things in jars.

Hope to see you again soon, Jazzy. U ROCK.

Wed Jan 04, 07:07:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

I can make that "boast" (though I'm not sure I want to) about KiKi when it comes to small, fluffy animals : O

I'll stick with the (relatively) normal boy and girl fetuses I adopted in '81 and '85 ; )

Fri Jan 06, 04:06:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home