Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Transmission From Uranus...

FINALLY IT IS MINE!!!

I have finally gotten the Hanzel Und Gretyl album "Transmissions From Uranus!" I waited so long to have that CD... I thought I'd have to suck it up and order off of the internet for $40, but I DIDN'T! Yessssss!!!!!

It was a Sunday (this past Sunday, actually)....

My dear brother, Adrian, wanted to go to Amoeba... I was feeling ever so tired; shitty. But, something was telling...no...urging me to go, so I agreed.

We went straight to the Goth/Industrial section; I wanted to see if they had gotten any H.U.G albums. I was feeling doubtful...but something deep in the depths of my soul told me to check anyway...so I did.

There it sat...nestled between "Sheissmesiah" and "Uber Alles"... Adrain (who was searching through the CDs with me) didn't even have time to glimpse it... before he knew what he saw I SNATCHED it up! He himself has been after the VERY SAME album....I WOULD NOT LET HIM HAVE IT!!!

I clung to it dearly, for fear that the green-eyed monster in Adrian would rear its UGLY HEAD (although his normal face is pretty funny lookin' anyway)and try to steal it from me... Until, finally, I got in line to pay. After parting with $21.43....it was mine. As of that very moment "Transmissions From Uranus" was, and will always be...

MINE FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!!
Mwuah HA HA HA HA!!!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh Dear Scarecrow, while I am happy you have finally found your long lost treasure we are going to have to do something about your inferior taste in music. You simply are going to need to listen to some Clapton, Pink Floyd or Satriani tunes or else your young brain will for ever shrivel up into a size of a peanut.

Wed Jan 25, 03:36:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

P.S. - Isn't it about time you and Adrian got over your sibling rivalry crap?

Wed Jan 25, 03:38:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Re: Jazzy's taste in music - it could be a really good CD but I'll never know because I just can't bring myself to listen to an album with a positively fecal title!

Anyway, Jazzmin, congratulations on your bargain coup. Like your Auntie Teresa who loves you ever so dearly, you don't just want the expensive stuff...you want it and you want it half price - at least - and will scour a hundred shops and web sites 'til you find a deal.

Wed Jan 25, 04:04:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Children...Don't make me call the flying monkeys!

Thu Jan 26, 03:18:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Dear Adrian, the fact that you used the name of the planet Uranus to hurl an insult at your sister demonstrates your awareness of the double entendre potty-ness of it.

I rest my case. Dude.

: )

Thu Jan 26, 03:43:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

You all make me laugh...especially you, Adrian!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I shall go back and listen my CD... NOT YOURS!!! ...but mine... Smiles everyone!

Thu Jan 26, 12:38:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Y'know there are two Hanzel Und Gretyl albums in the iTunes store... They're not "Transmissions from URbooty" but at least they're available. Do you already have those?

Fri Jan 27, 03:39:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I have "Uber Alles" and "Sheissmessiah." I just need "Augsflppt." (I'm pretty sure I spelled it wrong though...)

Sat Jan 28, 11:07:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh. The two albums available via iTunes are the ones you already have. Bummer.

I think it would make good business sense to put some of the harder to find stuff in the store because all you'd need was one set of files to rip from and all of a sudden you could make it available to gajillions of people. And make $$ because they can't find it anywhere else without paying through the nose.

I have found a lot of stuff in the iTunes store I thought was obscure, so maybe it's a matter of what's the most popular or what they get requests for. And you can make a request, BTW. I have requested things and the next time I check on them (maybe a week or two later??) they're there.

Sat Jan 28, 03:59:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home