Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Oh, What Does Thee Futeure Hold 4 Moi?

I'm going to Job Corp. My counsilour (crap...did I spell that right?) said she's pretty sure she can start me Feb. 13th. I'll be studying Desktop Publishing...They'll probably send me to LA Trade Tech after a few months, since it's practically down the block from Job Corp.

Thurdsay I went on a tour of the campus. It's pretty cool. The have a recreation area called "The Huddle" and it's got a lot of stuff in it. There's 2 TVs (one has an X-Box and the other has a PS2), 2 pool tables, air hockey, 2 of those soccer games (you know, where you spin the handles 'n' stuff), a vending machine with candy, and 2 with coke products.

Despite their size, the dorms are pretty nice. I'm hoping I get in one with 3 beds because i don't really want to sleep in a bunk again. In the 3-bed rooms there's 2 metal armoirs and one closet...I want the metal armoir. They're bigger than the closet and look kinda cool (even though they're a weird shade of brown).

Dad also gave me his old laptop. (He got himself a new one.) It's pretty cool. I got wireless internet on it 'n' stuff. I even bought a webcam for it...just because I can. (And I've always wanted one...It beats taking pictures and developing or uploading them.) The coolest part about the laptop is that it has all those cool movie and photo editor programs I can play with.

For my first project I've decided to experiment with clay animation. It's looks really fun and until I can find real people to practice with it'll have to do. Besides, clay figures won't laugh and make stupid remarks when I say, "Quiet on the set!" or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

They didn't have air hockey and video games when I went there! If you take your lap top, make sure you carry it EVERYWHERE with you when you leave the room. You don't want it ripped off. I hope they improved the food too, but I doubt it. What can you say though, it's free. I do predict much grief though, over the daily "white glove" inspections. They marked me off once because the quilt on my bed was wrinkled. And lets face it Jazz, you are a major pack rat. So are they goign to let you get your diploma, or do you have to settle for a GED? Anyway, good luck. I'm glad they finally threw in some modern classes in their agenda.

Wed Feb 08, 04:37:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home