Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Nashville Farmers Market

I took the kids to the farmers market yesterday morning. The pickings were pretty slim though, because I forgot they have the flea market on the weekends so there were only a few vegetable vendors. I normally love flea markets, but a majority of the vendors were geared towards black customers. I would look ridiculous in hip hop clothes. I mean, can you picture me in baggy pants hanging down to my knees? They really need to diversify. I can understand that I am not their target customer base, but I'm sure black people are interested in shopping for things other than jumbo size pants, incense and Jesse Jackson books. It wasn't a total loss though. I did get some good pears and the food court was open so we had an early lunch and went to Bicentennial Mall State Park next door. There was a cute little boy Lea Anna's age that the kids played with. They got to run around and scream like little yahoos with out disturbing anyone and I finally got to visit the World War II memorial. I'm going to take the kids back next time I have a day off during the week. I used to like taking Jazzmin and Adrian to the Torrance Farmers Market when they were younger. They would bravely sample all kinds of strange things that they would normally never even touch if I were to put them on their dinner plate.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

But whatever your motivation it worked. Hah! The evil Mom has the last laugh.

Mon Jan 30, 03:14:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I liked the farmers market!!! But, yeah...there were times when I was definately bored off my ass...

Especially, since they never had any good stage acts.

Mon Jan 30, 02:35:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Mon Jan 30, 02:35:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I can imagine their entertainment budget was pretty low if not downright nonexistent. You don't get cool acts unless you pay through the nose for it. Besides, I doubt Handzel Un Gretyl or HIM would want that gig no matter how much they were paid. Can you imagine if they did though? It sure would make the shopping experience interesting.

Mon Jan 30, 04:09:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home