Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Birmingham Race Course - January 21, 2006

Recently retired racers at the Birmingham track adoption center. View is through a muddy window - muddy because it's in the entry door to the kennel and the dogs like to jump up on it to say hello to people looking through it.







I can't remember this dog's name (most of the dogs have really cool names - like Polka Dot or Spiderman), but she's a racer. Funny how some of these pretty little girl dogs will get out on the track and tear it up.




One of the matinee races our group saw. See the blurry streaks in the curve? The doggies move way too fast for my camera to catch 'em.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Aww, they are too cute. They all have that pitiful "take me home" look.

Thu Jan 26, 03:20:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Yeah, they do. And I would have had I not already had an extra greyhound at home. These dogs generally do better if they're not only dogs as they're used to being around lots of other greyhounds. So when KiKi gets a home I will maybe do a training class or two with Sara (it's easier if you just have one dog) but then look for a male for her to boss around ; )

Thu Jan 26, 03:56:00 AM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I wouldn't mind a greyhound if most of them weren't strangely attracted to small, white, fluffy things like my little puppy buttons. And I don't mean in a good way, I mean in a I-suddenly-feel-my-tummy-rumbling-is-that-a-snack sort of way.

Tue Feb 14, 11:25:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

My doggies didn't try to eat your doggies!

Sat Feb 25, 09:25:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home