Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

jet plane part 2

I had my second interview to be a flight attendant yesterday. The guy didn't seem very impressed with my work history, which really bothered me since all of my previous jobs were when I was a teenager. Just try making your career choices from 17 to 19 years of age sound good. Doesn't the fact that I've had my current job for almost five years count for anything? On the up side, he asked me a series of questions about how I've handled various situations at my job. I noticed that every question he asked was written on the paper he had in front of him, and following every question were the letters SGFP, and he kept circling 'S'. Maybe that means 'satisfactory' and I did good. As long as it doesn't mean 'sucks'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark Brown said...

Good Luck! Stew'ing (as it USED to be known!) was ONCE an important extremely valued job by the airlines.
Today, it's just a place to work, although an exciting one.

Hope you get it, and enjoy the flight benefits. good luck in getting by after the second month and seeing your salary!
(visit blog at markbnj.blogspot.com)

Tue Mar 21, 06:32:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Personally, I think that as long as it's nothing drastic like mass murder anything (including job history) that occured before the age of 21 should be ignored. I also think interviewers relish making the applicants squirm.

Tue Mar 21, 04:03:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

I don't think it means "sucks." You are my MandyGirl - "suck" is not an appropriate descriptor for you!

Fly, Mandy, fly!

Tue Mar 21, 07:43:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home