Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Haven't They Heard of the Holiday Inn?

The prez was in town yesterday afternoon to speak at a fundraiser at the hotel next door for a senate hopeful. Whenever the president (or Al Gore) comes to town they stay at Lowes. Apparently they think it is the only hotel in town. Besides the sharp shooters on our roof and the ultra tight security, traffic was murder. Certain parts of the street were annoyingly blocked off so we had to zig zag to get home. It all would have been worth the minor pains we endured if I could have had some fun waterbombing the motorcade or heckling the protesters. Too bad the repercussions would have been too severe. {Sigh} All the fun things in life are forbidden.

5 Comments:

Blogger Scarecrobot said...

Water-bombing protestors sounds fun... What's so damn great about Lowe's?

I guess the Holiday Inn is too primitive for his Presidently-ness...

Fri Sep 01, 12:50:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lowes is a very nice hotel.
I have nothing much against the protesters but I still had the overwhelming urge to scream "Get a job Hippy!" It's kind of like the urge to push every button in an elevator - just because the buttons are there.

Fri Sep 01, 02:52:00 PM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

Bush was also in Atlanta yesterday or the day before giving some speech at my job (well, at the convention center that my job is located in at least). Thank god I had the day off so I didn't have to put up with the hooplah. It would only have been worth it if I had the opportunity to see or speak with his royal prez-ness. He's not at the top of my list of famous people I want to meet, but since I never meet anybody famous I'll take what I can get.

Thu Sep 07, 08:43:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Hey, Mand - that's not true!

You've met Rick Dees, Rhubarb Jones and Randy and Spiff!

Fri Sep 08, 04:39:00 AM 2006  
Blogger YoSoyAsquel said...

I don't remember meeting Rick Dees, and I never met Randy and Spiff, you must be confusing me with David or something.

Sat Sep 09, 04:42:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home