Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Rambling, Rocking

David headed back to Iraq on Monday after a couple of weeks of leave. I'm still waiting on blog posts about his & Liubinka's new four-legged family member, as well as seeing some of the video he shot with his new toy (a digital video camera). I hear he had a lot of catching up to do while on leave, so he'll get a pass...but only a temporary one!

Amanda is going to dog sit here for the weekend while I head to Kentucky with Brian & Co. to visit his grandma. Grandma hasn't been doing too well lately. I hear she's stubborn, independent and did what she felt like doing instead of what doctors told her she had to do (sound familiar?) to get/stay healthy. So after falling for something like the 57th time she has been in some sort of extended care facility and has been less than thrilled about being there and losing her independence.

I think Amanda will bring some or all of her puppies, making for a big ol' doggie sleepover. She will have to try to tame this pack into submission on her own - Steve has to work all weekend and will not accompany her. I don't think the dogs will give her too much trouble once they realize who is in charge of the treats.

The cold weather is making my skin dry out to the point of being itchy and painful. I never thought I'd say that given that I have battled a greasy face and varying degrees of acne all my life. Stuff changes as you age.

Lastly, on a note that's completely, absolutely unrelated to anything I just wrote, I have to share this video of KT Tunstall performing Black Horse and the Cherry Tree. The song was released last year, I believe, so you may have heard it. I bought it from the iTunes store a while back without knowing anything about the amazing way the artist put it together, because it just rocks. Even if you don't like this genre you have to give her props.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Good luck on your road trip Sis. I can't stand Southern winters myself. Besides the dry crackly skin, you got sticky up hair that no amount of mousse or conditioner can improve.

Wed Feb 07, 06:19:00 PM 2007  
Blogger Teresa said...

Fortunately, my haircut takes "sticky up hair" and runs with it ; )

Thu Feb 08, 03:55:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home