Divine Secrets of the Blog-Blog Sisterhood

the not-very-official blog of the sisters formerly known as rosche

Thursday, September 07, 2006

shootin' guns and other redneck fun

Since it's been a while since I've posted, I figured it's about time.
I went up for a promotion at Ruby Tuesday and didn't get it because I failed a personality test I had to take online. It was totally bogus, and had 30 minutes of conflicting questions specifically designed to confuse and annoy. This really sucks because, after 5 glorious years of working my butt off for $2.88 an hour (and whatever tips cheapskates think I deserve), and passing up the offer for promotion twice (before they implemented the stupid online testing), I finally decided I was ready and went for it. Oh well, at least I still have my second job, and we're getting into our busy season, so hopefully money will get better.
The good news is that I will be taking a small vacation with my mummy to go see David in Texas before he ships out to Kuwait next month. I will be broke because of it, but I don't even care because I need a break.
Oh, also, Steve and I took Mom shooting last weekend, and she did really good. Especially considering the fact that she had never shot before. She was frustrated because it was hard to see if you hit the target with the .22 because the bullets are so small. She shot the SKS and liked it more because the bullets are bigger and it's easier to see the holes they leave. Scary, huh? Haha.
Well, I'm gonna go so I can watch the rest of Pee Wee's Playhouse before I have to go to bed :)

9 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Needless to say, Amanda and I were the only women at the shooting range.

I also liked the black stick-on targets that have a neon green layer behind them so that you can see where you've hit them from up range. It's not really that I like the bigger bullets...just that I want some kind of feedback. Not only can you see the hole in the target left by the SKS - the bullet goes through the target and into the bank of dirt behind it in a poof of red clay dust.

I'm still not in love with guns and probably never will be. It's handguns that scare me most. Something about being able to conceal them easily or wave them around recklessly really freaks me out. But, thanks to Steve, I could defend myself with a rifle if the occasion arose. And if I had a rifle!

Fri Sep 08, 04:48:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

yeah, kill the black silhouettes! you'll get along just fine in texas. i bet this is what you saw looking down the iron sights:

mommy's sight picture

Fri Sep 08, 07:00:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Dave said...

and another thing... handguns aren't the only firearms that are easily concealed. and any weapon will leave a visible hole in the target if you hit it in the same spot over and over. so how does it feel to fire a weapon that is being used by terrorists 7000 miles away?

Fri Sep 08, 07:11:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Actually, this is what I saw.

Fri Sep 08, 09:04:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Oh, and it feels pretty good. 'Cause now I can take it away from 'em and nail their arses.

Fri Sep 08, 09:05:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Go Sis! Hmm, maybe we should be really, really nice to you from now on :)

Those personality tests are evil. Gary failed one too a while back. Funny!
I liked shooting (the few times I had a chance)but don't own a gun for two reasons - There is nowhere in the house where it would be safe from the kids, and I can barely hit the side of a barn, so the odds of defending vs. killing myself are not very good.

Sat Sep 09, 06:24:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Scarecrobot said...

I wanted to learn to shoot, but mom wouldn't even buy me god-damned BB gun!

Mon Sep 11, 02:36:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Lisa said...

Daniel wants a BB gun too. I won't get him one for the same reason I would not get you one at that age - every window in the neighborhood would be cracked. You and Adrian would probably take pot shots at each other on a daily basis. There would also be a complete absence of wild creatures in the area.

P.S. - Please tone down your potty mouth. Bad Girl!

Mon Sep 11, 04:27:00 PM 2006  
Blogger Teresa said...

Jazz:

What your mom said.

Love,
Auntie : )

Mon Sep 11, 05:05:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home